1. The “Family Kitchen” Contest is held by Dairy Farmers of Canada (the “Contest Organizers”). The Contest runs on the Internet from 4:00PM (ET) on October 15th to 11:59:59PM (ET) on November 30th, 2012 (the “Contest Period”).
2. The Contest is open to residents of Ontario who are 18 and over. Members of the jury, employees, agents and representatives of the Contest Organizers, of any company, corporation, trust or other legal entity controlled by or affiliated to them, their advertising and promotional agencies, suppliers of prizes, material and services related to this Contest, as well as members of their immediate family (brothers, sisters, children, father, mother), their legal or common-law spouse and any individuals with whom such employees, agents, representatives and members of the jury are domiciled, are not eligible. “Cookies” must be accepted to enter the Contest.
No purchase necessary
3. To enter, proceed as follows:
3.1 Go to www.FamilyKitchen.ca to access the electronic entry form (the “Entry Form”).
3.2 Write a Story about how you are including your kids* in cooking and why (the “Story”). Click on “Next”.
* The adult and the child/children in the Story must be related.
3.3 (Optional) You can show your family kitchen with a photo. Click on “Browse” to select and download the file of the photo you want to submit.
3.4 Fill out the Entry Form by entering your first name, last name, mailing address, City/Town, Postal Code, Phone number with area code, Email address and confirm Email address. Use the drop down box to enter the number of children in your family and the age range of the children in your family.
3.5 Declare that you have read and agreed to the Contest Rules including the conditions set out in the Statement of consent, authorization and release in connection with the Material submitted by checking the corresponding box.
3.6 Click on “Submit” before the end of the Contest Period. A confirmation message will be sent to your email and you will automatically obtain your entry in the Contest.
4. Evaluation criteria of the jury. The following criteria will be used by the jury to evaluate the stories submitted to select winners as detailed in section 14 of these Contest Rules:
4.2 Relevance to campaign.
4.3 Apparent creativity of activity described.
5. The following conditions apply to the Story and, if submitted, the photo (the “Material”):
5.1 It must be original and the entrant must be its sole author or have obtained all required rights or authorizations for its use in the scope of this Contest.
5.2 The Material must show how you are including your kids in cooking and why.
5.3 Accepted photo formats are jpg, gif, png.
5.4 The Story must comprise 1000 words or less.
5.5 The content of the Story must be in English. The Material must not violate a person’s privacy rights, notably contain his/her name, likeness, resemblance, voice or reveal intimate details about this person unless you have obtained his/her consent and in the case of a minor who is not your child, the consent of a parent or legal guardian.
5.6 The Material must not hold inappropriate content, notably content which is explicitly sexual, offensive, harassing, discriminatory, libellous, violent, malicious, hateful, content which may be against knowledgeable accepted standards of good behaviour among the Canadian society or which depreciates Dairy Farmers of Canada or its members. It must not contain suggestive images or language promoting an illegal activity and must not contain commercial content directly showing or promoting a brand. The entrant will have to make sure he/she has obtained all required authorizations with regards to any portion of the Material submitted which is protected by copyright, any other intellectual property right or the right of a third party.
5.7 The Material must have been created specifically for this Contest and must not have already been published or submitted in the scope of another contest or promotion.
6. In order to be eligible to the Contest, any entrant must provide the following authorization by checking the corresponding box on the Entry Form:
Statement of consent, authorization and release
in connection with the Material submitted
7. Given the nature of the present Contest, its mode of entry and Material submitted, it may be difficult or impossible for the Contest Organizers to identify content which is not eligible or has not undergone the required necessary authorizations. The Contest Organizers do not require additional documentation from entrants to sustain that they have obtained the necessary authorizations. Therefore, if a portion of the Material submitted does not comply with these Contest Rules or if the Contest Organizers have reason to believe it does not comply, they reserve the right, at their sole discretion, to disqualify the entrant’s entry. If the Material is rejected, no entry will be awarded for such participation. No notice or explanation will be given to the entrant as why the Material was rejected.
8. Entry limits. Entrants must respect the following limits otherwise they may be disqualified:
8.1 One (1) entry per person and email address for the Contest Period.
8.2 The use of only one email address when a person owns more than one.
8.3 One (1) photo if you want to submit a photo.
9. Grand Prize. There is one (1) grand prize to win. The grand prize consists of a $2,500 gift card redeemable at a supermarket to be chosen by the grand prize winner, subject to the condition set forth at section 11.1.
10. Secondary prizes. There are five (5) secondary prizes to win. Each secondary prize consists of a $500 gift card for groceries at a supermarket to be chosen by the secondary prize winner, subject to the condition set forth at section 11.1.
11. Conditions. The following conditions apply to all prizes:
11.1 Grocery stores chosen by the winners must issue gift cards.
11.2 Gift cards can not be in whole or in part exchanged for cash.
11.3 Gift cards can not be redeemed for products for which a purchase can not be made with a gift card.
11.4 Gift cards are subject to any and all restrictions and conditions applicable that are disclosed on them or that could be communicated by any grocery store who issued the gift card.
12. Prize limit. There is a limit of one (1) prize per person and per household.
13. Draw. At 12:00PM (ET) on December 10, 2012, at the office of the Contest Organizers located in Mississauga, a random draw of three hundred (300) eligible entries will be held among all entries registered during the Contest Period. If there are less than three hundred registered entries at the end of the Contest Period, the random draw will be held among all those registered entries.
14. Jury. After the above mentioned draw, a jury formed by representatives of the Contest Organizers will, during the same week, select six (6) entries among the three hundred (300) randomly drawn entries to first award the Grand Prize and thereafter the five (5) secondary prizes. Entries will be evaluated according to the criteria provided at section 4 of these Contest Rules.
15. Odds of winning. The odds of an entrant being selected at random depend on the number of eligible entries registered during the Contest Period. The odds of winning a prize are 1/50, based on the quality according to the evaluation criteria, of the three hundred (300) randomly drawn entries.
16. To be declared a winner, all six (6) selected contestants must:
16.1 Be reached by phone or email, at the sole discretion of the Contest Organizers, within fifteen (15) days of the selection by the jury. If a selected contestant is reached by email, he/she must reply in accordance with the instructions given in the email, as the case may be. In the case of the return of an email prize notification as undeliverable, the Contest Organizers will have the entire discretion to disqualify the contestant’s entry.
16.2 Correctly answer the mathematical skill-testing question that appears on the Declaration and Waiver form (the “Declaration Form”) provided by the Contest Organizers by mail, fax or email.
16.3 Indicate the name and phone number of the grocery store chosen.
16.4 Sign the Declaration form to the effect that he/she has fulfilled all the requirements of these Contest Rules, and return it to the Contest Organizers for them to receive it within fifteen (15) days of its receipt;
16.5 Upon request and in a timely manner, provide an identification card with photograph.
17. Failure to comply with one of the conditions mentioned in these Contest Rules or to accept the prize will cause the selected contestant to be disqualified. In such a case, the Contest Organizers may, at their sole discretion, cancel the prize or proceed to a new selection in compliance with these Contest Rules until a contestant is selected and declared a winner.
18. Within four (4) to six (6) weeks following the receipt of the duly completed and signed Declaration Form, the Contest Organizers will deliver to the winners their prize by mail.
19. Verification. Entry Forms and Declaration Forms are subject to verification by the Contest Organizers. Any Entry Form or Declaration Form which is, as the case may be, incomplete, illegible, mutilated, fraudulent, registered or submitted late, bearing an invalid email address or phone number or otherwise noncompliant shall be rejected and will not entitle to an entry or to a prize, as the case may be.
20. Disqualification. The Contest Organizers reserve the right to disqualify a person or to cancel one or several entries of a person who participates or tries to participate by using methods that do not comply with these Contest Rules or that are unfair to other entrants (e.g. entries exceeding the authorized limit, violation of a third party’s rights). Such a person may be reported to the appropriate legal authorities.
21. Conduct of the Contest. Any attempt to deliberately damage the Contest web site and/or any related web site or to sabotage the legitimate conduct of this Contest constitutes a violation of civil and criminal laws. Should there be any such attempts, the Contest Organizers reserve the right to reject the entrant’s entries and obtain legal or equitable relief under applicable laws.
22. Acceptance of prize. Prizes must be accepted as described in these Contest Rules and may not, in any case, be in whole or in part transferred to another person, replaced by another prize or exchanged for cash, except as provided in the section below.
23. Substitution of prize. In the event where it would be impossible, difficult and/or more costly for the Contest Organizers to award a prize (or a portion thereof) as described in these Contest Rules, they reserve the right to award a prize (or portion thereof) of the same kind and of equivalent value or, at their sole discretion, the cash value of a prize (or portion thereof) as indicated in the Contest Rules.
24. Liability limit: use of the prize. By entering the Contest, any contestant selected for a prize releases and holds harmless the Contest Organizers, any company, corporation, trust or other legal entity controlled by or affiliated to them, their advertising and promotional agencies, their employees, agents and representatives (the “Released Parties”) from and against any damage resulting from the acceptance or use of the prize.
25. Liability limit: prize supplier. Selected contestants for a prize acknowledge that upon awarding of the prize, the obligations related to it become the responsibility of the providers of services and goods related to the prize.
26. Web site. The Contest Organizers do not warrant that access to or use of the Contest web site or any related web site will be uninterrupted during the Contest Period or error-free.
27. Liability limit: conduct of the Contest. The Released Parties disclaim all liability for any of the following that may limit or prevent any entrant’s participation in the Contest or a person’s vote: malfunctioning of any computer component, software or communications line; loss or lack of a communications network; or any transmission that is faulty, incomplete, incomprehensible or erased by any computer or network. The Released Parties also disclaim all liability for any damages or loss that may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, by the downloading of any web page or software or by the transmission of any information related to participation in the Contest.
28. Contest modification. The Contest Organizers reserve the right, at their sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this Contest in whole or in part, should human intervention or an event take place that could alter or affect the administration, security, impartiality or conduct of the Contest as provided in these Contest Rules.
29. Termination of participation in the Contest. In the event that the computer system cannot register all Contest entries for whatever reason, or if participation in the Contest must be terminated in whole or in part before the closing date provided in these Contest Rules, the prizes may be awarded in compliance with the provisions to be determined by the Contest Organizers, at their sole discretion.
30. Prize limit. In no event shall the Contest Organizers be required to award more prizes than indicated in these Contest Rules or to award a prize otherwise than in compliance with these Contest Rules.
31. Liability limit: participation in the Contest. Persons who enter or try to enter this Contest release the Released Parties from any liability for damage these said persons may incur as a result of their entry or their attempt to enter the Contest.
32. Authorization. By entering this Contest, any selected entrant authorizes the Contest Organizers and their representatives to use, if required, his/her name, photo, likeness, voice, place of residence, Story, photo submitted (if any) and/or statement regarding a prize for publicity purposes, without any form of compensation.
33. Communication with entrants. No communication or correspondence related to this Contest shall be exchanged with entrants except as provided for in these Contest Rules or at the Contest Organizers’ initiative.
34. Personal information. Entrants’ personal information collected for the purpose of the Contest will only be used to administer the Contest. No commercial or other communications unrelated to the Contest will be sent to entrants unless they have otherwise agreed to receive such communications.
35. Property. Declaration Forms are the property of the Contest Organizers and shall not in any case be returned to entrants.
36. Entrant identification. For the purpose of these Contest Rules, the entrant is the person whose name appears on the Entry Form and it is to this person to whom the prize will be awarded if he/she is selected Finalist and declared a winner.
37. Contest Organizers’ decision. Any decision by the Contest Organizers, their representatives or the jury regarding this Contest is final and without appeal.
38. Unenforceability. If a section of the Contest Rules is declared or deemed illegal, unenforceable or invalid by a competent court, that section shall be considered invalid, but all unaffected sections will be applied within the limits of the law.
39. Language. In case of any discrepancy between the French and English versions of these Contest Rules, if a French version is available, the English version shall prevail.